Random Amblings

This is akin to a personal Christmas Tree to be decorated with things that please and interest me. Some will be beautiful, others may take a more serious note. A sprinkling of humor is almost certain. Read along... I'd love to have you for company!

Friday, September 08, 2006

Editing Out the "G" Word


This post refers to this article which you need to read first: http://tinyurl.com/e9ook

An article like this certainly points out the extremes that have been unleashed under the guise of "respect of another's religion." We were gullible when we, as a society, bought into political correctness, believing it would only keep racial epithets and disparaging jokes in check. Instead it has encouraged the agendas of those wishing to expunge God from the lexicon, on the basis that faith is offensive to others, along with bad breath and slurping one's soup.

The religious right has, of course, responded by making matters worse. They provide fodder for the other extreme whenever they attempt to stand up in this ungodly mudslide. Who knew that in a time when we are villified by religious extremists for our lack of morals, that we would simultaneously be slammed by those among us who hate religion for having too much?

I often harken back to the riddle:

"How do you eat an elephant?"
"One bite at a time."

And so it is with social change. Be careful of that innocuous bite that it is offered. Elephant sometimes has strings attached.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

LOL, the only explanation is that I haven't successfully corrected the posting timer. Rest assured I get a little more sleep than these indicate, although sometimes that is the only time the house is actually quiet.

12:39 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA~

Linda said the "house is quiet". Hahahahahahahahaaaa.

My photo...thanks! sweet of you to say. I think it was of me driving (scary, cuz nobody was sitting on my dash, I don't think). I just zoomed in deep since these things are so little in thumbnails and I'm on several sites which have the option.

I can try to help anyone who wants a pic with thier name to upload if you want. It's pretty easy, but I had a complication which would have helped if someone already saw the problem. Send me one and I'll get it up for you, or try to edit it down to more of a close up.

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home