Random Amblings

This is akin to a personal Christmas Tree to be decorated with things that please and interest me. Some will be beautiful, others may take a more serious note. A sprinkling of humor is almost certain. Read along... I'd love to have you for company!

Friday, September 01, 2006

Random Amblings


The title "Random Amblings" was my first column in the Junior New Century Club newsletter, some --gasp-- thirty years ago. A ton of words have gone over the falls since then, some of them even written. I wrote a humor column back then, and a food column for a small chain of newspapers in the 1990s. Then last year, I tried my hand at a newsletter, which only ended when the problems of making it readable to all subscribers couldn't find a suitable solution.

So here we are, starting a blog. For those of you who have heard of "bloggers" but haven't experienced a blog, this is how it works. I post articles, photos, recipes, whatever interests me... and if you and I like the same things, you tune in periodically to read my newest entries. For some, a blog is most like a journal. In some cases blogs can become tediously egocentric. I will really, really try to refrain from that.

But that doesnt mean that I wont use this as a bully pulpit for issues that I feel passionate about.

The other thing about a blog, is that when you read an article, you can and should comment... yea or nay, or add any pertinent information or opinion. This allows for more balanced view, and keeps me from feeling like I am out here ALL ALONE!

So bear with me, as I find out whether I have enough information and opinion to keep a blog afloat. And if I start to whine, just cyber-smack me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

yeah, me too....you always leave me with "food for thought" in the car.

Then I yell at the kids for interrupting it.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home